Community & Event Manager
The Swedish Chamber of Commerce in Lithuania is an independent, non-profit organization, uniting more than 100 international business companies operating in Lithuania and beyond. We are one of the most active international chambers in Lithuania, organizing annually around 20+ events for member community that attracts 1500+ participants. We offer a unique opportunity to gain practical and valuable ‘real world’ experience, to grow in the organization, to develop a thorough understanding of and a possibility to build a professional network with 100+ well-known international companies and to develop business-related skills with a focus on strategic business cooperation between Lithuania and Sweden.
As Community & Event Manager you will work in a small team together with the Managing Director in a very dynamic and fast-paced mode. You will be actively engaged in executing various daily activities related to community and event management, business administration, and external communication. You will work closely with the Managing Director on member retention and member attraction activities, thus a pro-active approach and innovative ideas are expected! This position is perfect for an outward going and sociable person, who meets the daily challenges with a smile, and finds creative solutions to all situations. The position offers lots of room for professional creativity and growth, expansion of personal business contacts and idea realization.
Duties and responsibilities
Community & Event Manager’s role entails communicating, engaging with, and keeping the daily pulse of our 100+ member companies. Planning and organizing various events and activities focused on members’ expectations and needs, serving as an Ambassador of the chamber while working with new member attraction, and finally, managing the chamber’s daily administrative tasks.
Following main tasks will be assigned:
- Daily communication with the member community via email, phone and/or LinkedIn
- Attraction on new members
- Attraction of sponsorships
- Daily administrative activities (CRM, invoicing, following up budget and operational activities, website updates, etc.)
- Event planning and execution
- External stakeholder relations
- Any other ad-hoc tasks assigned by the Managing Director or the Board of Association.
- Fluent in English both in oral and in written
- Strong motivation to contribute to chamber’s activities and business-minded attitude
- Ability to take own initiatives as well as to work in a small team
- Creative and initiative-taking character
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills (priority-setting is a must)
- General knowledge of social media tools, such as Facebook, LinkedIn, WordPress.
- Profound knowledge of the Microsoft Office programmes
- Previous work experience in event management and budgeting
- Previous work experience in client and stakeholder relations
- Familiar with the CRM system, WordPress and Mailerlite systems is an advantage
The position is full time (40 hours/week) and remuneration is based on the candidate’s experience, ranging between 800-900 EUR after taxes.
If interested give us a ping via LinkedIn and/or send us your CV and a motivation letter. The applications are accepted until 20th of July 2021 to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The interviews will start running before the deadline, so you are welcome to apply as soon as possible!
Looking forward to hearing from you soon!
/ SCCL team